Benefits of Kelpak on Pecan Nuts
Field trials conducted in California clearly show the many benefits of applying Kelpak Liquid Seaweed Extract on pecan trees, including:
- Reduced transplant shock in nursery trees
- Reduced abiotic stress
- Excellent pollen germination and elongation
- Better nut set and retention
- Increased nut weight and yield
- Certified for use in organic crop production
Average over 3 years – South Africa
Recommended application rates
Catkin elongation : Spray 2 - 3 pts/Acre at catkin elongation.
Pistillate flower : Repeat the application, spray 2 - 3 pints/Acre at pistillate flower stage.
Repeat : Repeat 21 days later
Nursery tree establishment : To reduce transplant shock at orchard establishment apply foliar spray of 2 pts/Acre after plant-out.